International conference and kick-off event of the Tid(y)Up Project - focusing on marine and riverine waste
(5 November, Budapest, Millenáris Park Room E-Hungary)
Approximately 12 million tons of waste is released into our living waters every year, 80% of which enters the seas and oceans through rivers. Studies, innovations, startups are born all over the world to solve the problem we are part of. We would like to meet the initiatives working in parallel with us to move together to a more efficient, higher level by sharing knowledge. Our topics are pollution prevention, collection and processing of pollution data, how to build a professional network system for common solutions, the most effective cleaning actions, the limitations and opportunities of recycling, fundraising and shaping attitude.
As an international conference and kick-off event of the Tid(y)Up project, “Save Our Rivers!” will introduce you to the whole consortium and explain the main goals and activities of the project. The organizers HAEE & Filmjungle.eu Society will list the most renowned speakers in the field of living water pollution, so that the best practices and solutions can be found later in the afternoon. Let’s meet in the middle and Save Our Rivers!
Opening speech and greetings
- Tid(y)Up - Introducing a new international initiative to save Tisza river - Attila Dávid Molnár, President of Filmjungle.eu Society, Founder of Plastic Cup,
- ISWA Marine Litter Task Force (tbc)
- The marine plastic footprint - Joao Sousa, Senior Project Manager at IUCN (tbc),
Break - Coffee - Snacks
- Waste eliminator barges on Upper-Tisza - General Directorate of Water Management (HU)
- Experiences about the Plastic Free Danube Project - Gudrun Obersteiner, University of Life Sciences and Natural Resources, Vienna (tbc)
- Waste to product - Bernard Merkx, Green Wave Plastic,
- From Rotterdam to Borneo - Ramon Knoester, Founding Director at CLEAR RIVERS (tbc),
- Removing Plastik Ltd.
Prevention: EPR-systems (Extended Producers Responsibility), Circular Economy, Green Deal
Audience and dialogue partners: river, sea and ocean cleanup organizations, water and waste management professionals, manufacturers, users, interested parties and the project/associated partners of the Tid(y)Up project.
The project is co-financed by the EU, in frame of the Danube Transnational Programme